Upcycled Gravy (Yes, Gravy!) Jars

by - April 16, 2014

I've been hoarding glass jars like a squirrel hoards nuts.  I had a teeny bit of free time this week to start embellishing some of them.

I started by adding distressed French book paper to each jar.  Then I added different rub-on transfer images to the paper.  
For this one - which is my favorite! - I also added a strip of burlap and some white twine.  
The finishing touch was this lock & safety pin.
I simply wrapped twine around the top of this one.  It's all it needed.
I wanted to keep this one feminine and dainty to go with the dress form image, so I added a little bow and some tea-stained seam binding.

Each one is filled with faux moss and some of my French script candles.  Simple touches to add about the house.

Jeanine


Pin It

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful! I also have a ton of jars... those pasta jars come in handy and we sure eat a lot of pasta around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanine, your jars are so chic and the details make them special. I can relate to gathering jars. I have tons too and keep finding them to add to my stash for redesign.
    Love how your turned out.
    Have a blessed Easter.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!